The new Association of Ghostwriters (www.associationofghostwriters.org), founded by veteran ghostwriter and bestselling author Marcia Layton Turner (www.marcialaytonturner.com), taps into the rising demand for ghostwriting services across a wide spectrum of industries.
“Publishing experts estimate that as many as 50 percent of all New York Times bestsellers are ghostwritten today, but there’s also great demand for ghostwriters for other types of books and in businesses of all sizes,” says Turner, who also publishes the “Become a Six-Figure Writer” newsletter to help writers earn more money.
Turner says the demand for skilled ghostwriters is increasing because:
- Executives, coaches, consultants and national speakers want the credibility of a book to boost their business, but lack writing skills or time.
- More and more companies of all sizes are out-sourcing their social networking.
- Financial pressures in the traditional book publishing industry require that manuscripts arrive in near-publication-ready condition, something a content expert without writing experience can’t always deliver.
- Entrepreneurs discovering that sharing their knowledge online through blogs and articles helps showcase their expertise are seeking help from professional writers.
- The growth in self-publishing presents opportunities for subject experts to share their knowledge with a wider audience – if they can present it in a well-written book.
The Association of Ghostwriters helps members tap into this expanding market for their services. Member benefits include monthly teleseminars on topics related to marketing, project management, outsourcing, and time management; a monthly newsletter; a private members-only forum; ghostwriting job postings; and a member directory. The charter membership fee is $69 a year for a limited time.
For more information, visit www.associationofghostwriters.org. Or contact Marcia Layton Turner, executive director, Association of Ghostwriters, marcia (at) associationofghostwriters (dot) org, 585-586-8660.
As an alternative, check out AmSAW's "Writer for Hire" service for Professional Members at Writer for Hire, where, for $60 a year, members receive free promotion of their talents plus access to the daily TRULY Freelance Jobs Board, featuring only the best real freelance jobs (including ghostwriting gigs) currently available.
Copyright 2009 AmSAW